Products used in this recipe
Simplot Harvest Fresh™ Avocados Avocado Halves, Frozen Pack Size: 12/2lb SKU: 10071179026938
Simplot RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Corn and Black Bean Fiesta Blend Pack Size: 6/2.5lb SKU: 10071179777762
Simplot Simple Goodness™ Classic Vegetables Cut Leaf Spinach, IQF Cut Size: 1" Pack Size: 1/20lb SKU: 10071179913337
El Salvador Roasted Corn and Black Bean Pupusa
Yield: 10 Servings
Yield: 10 Servings
Pupusas are the national dish of El Salvador. And once you taste how delicious they are, you'll completely understand why.
|Masa harina||12 oz.|
|Salt, Kosher||3/4 tsp.|
|Water, warm||12 fl. oz.|
|Simplot Simple Goodness™: Cut Leaf Spinach, IQF 1"||3 oz.|
|Queso Fresco, crumbled||2 oz.|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||4 oz.|
|Simplot Harvest Fresh™ Avocados: Avocado Halves, Frozen 12/2lb||8 each|
|Simplot RoastWorks®: Flame-Roasted Corn and Black Bean Fiesta Blend 6/2.5lb||20 oz.|
|Queso Fresco, crumbled||10 oz.|
|Sour cream (thinned with a small amount of water)||5 oz.|
|Lime wedges||10 count|
- Step 1
- Thaw avocado halves according to package instructions. Cut each avocado half into slices, about 6 slices per half.
- Step 2
- In a large bowl, combine masa, salt and water. Mix until well incorporated. Add in spinach, queso fresco and mozzarella cheese. Mix until well incorporated. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 3
- Stir mixture again. The batter should have a very thick consistency. More water may be needed.
- Step 4
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop ¼-cup scoops into pan making separate cakes. Light pressure may be needed to gently flatten mixture. Cook about 2 minutes on each side. Reserve warm.
- Step 5
- Prepare Fiesta blend according to package instructions. Reserve warm.
- Step 6
- Place 2 Pupusas per plate. Top with 2 oz. Fiesta blend, 2 oz. sliced avocado and 1 oz. queso fresco. Drizzle with 1/2 oz. sour cream and garnish with lime wedge. Serve.