Products used in this recipe
Yield: 16.0 Servings (12.0 oz)
|16 fl oz||Canola oil|
|32 oz||Chorizo, cooked, crumbled, warmed|
|12 3/4 cup||Corn muffin mix|
|32 fl oz||Milk|
|40 oz||Simplot RoastWorks®: Flame-Roasted Corn & Jalapeno Blend 6/2.5lb|
|16 oz||Simplot Harvest Fresh™ Avocados: Zesty Guacamole, Frozen 12/1lb|
- • Thaw guacamole according to package instructions. Set aside for service.
- • Combine corn muffin mix, 8 eggs, milk and corn blend in a large bowl.
- • For each serving, heat 1 fl oz of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- • Add three individual 1/3 cup scoops of batter to the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- • Meanwhile, fry 1 egg. For service, place 3 cakes on a plate and top with 2 oz of warm chorizo, 1 oz of zesty guacamole, and the fried egg.