Products used in this recipe
Simplot Simple Goodness™ Fruit Mango Cubes Pack Size: 2/5lb SKU: 10071179035084
Simplot Simple Goodness™ Premium Vegetables Riced Cauliflower Pack Size: 1/20lb SKU: 10071179050865
Simplot Simple Goodness™ Classic Vegetables Peas and Diced Carrots Pack Size: 12/2.5lb SKU: 10071179188551
Simplot RoastWorks® Roasted Sweet Potatoes Pack Size: 6/2.5lb SKU: 10071179027058
Curry Buddha Bowl
Yield: 8 Servings (22 oz.)
Yield: 8 Servings (22 oz.)
This colorful, veggie-based bowl really packs in all the brightness and flavor—it would make a great grab-n-go option for your lunch crowd.
|Water, divided||12 fl. oz.||1 1/2 cups|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 fl. oz.||1/4 cup|
|Sugar, divided||4 oz.||1/2 cup|
|Kosher salt||2 tsp.|
|Simplot Simple Goodness™: Mango Cubes 2/5lb||1 lb.|
|Red onion, sliced thinly||1 each|
|Red wine vinegar||4 fl. oz.||1/2 cup|
|Mint leaves||1/2 cup|
|Cilantro leaves||1/2 cup|
|Jalapeño, stems removed, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice, fresh||1/3 cup|
|Simplot RoastWorks®: Roasted Sweet Potatoes 6/2.5lb||2 cups|
|Simplot Simple Goodness™: Riced Cauliflower 1/20lb||8 cups|
|Simplot Simple Goodness™: Peas and Diced Carrots 12/2.5lb||2 cups|
|Dessicated coconut||2 oz.|
|Coconut curry simmer sauce, prepared||16 fl. oz.|
|Garbanzo beans, 15.5 oz. can||1 each|
|Greek yogurt||16 oz.|
|Naan bread, cut in quarters and grilled||16 quarters|
- Step 1
- To pickle mango; In a pan add 1 cup water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and kosher salt. Bring to a boil stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool to warm. Add frozen mango to a jar and cover with warm vinegar mixture. Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs. To pickle red onion; Repeat the process with 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 1/2 cup water, pour warm mixture over red onions in jar.
- Step 2
- To make mint-jalapeño chutney; In a blender or food processor add mint, cilantro, jalapeños and lemon juice. Purée until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate.
- Step 3
- Prepare riced cauliflower, peas and diced carrots according to package instructions. Combine together and fold in desiccated coconut. Keep warm for service.
- Step 4
- Prepare sweet potatoes according to package instructions. Keep warm for service.
- Step 5
- Prepare coconut curry sauce in a small saucepan. Cover and hold warm.
- Step 6
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add 2 Tbsp of mint-jalapeño chutney, stir to coat. Cover and hold warm.
- Step 7
- For each bowl; place 2 fl. oz. coconut curry sauce in bottom of bowl, add 1 cup of riced cauliflower mixture, 1/4 cup sweet potatoes, 1.5 oz. garbanzo beans, 2 oz. pickled mango, and 1 oz. pickled red onion. Serve with 1 oz. mint-jalapeño chutney, 2 oz. Greek yogurt and 2 grilled Naan bread quarters.