Products used in this recipe
These skewers really bring the flavor, and the grill does most of the work for you. The best part is they are versatile and work on any seasonal menu.
|Simplot Harvest Fresh™ Avocados: Chunky Avocado Pulp, Fresh 8/1lb||1 lb.|
|Cilantro, stems removed||1 bunch|
|Italian parsley, stems removed||1 bunch|
|Olive oil||2 fl. oz.|
|Lemon juice||1 fl. oz.|
|Red wine vinegar||1 fl. oz.|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Simplot RoastWorks®: Baby Bakers™ Roasted Potatoes 6/2.5lb||52 oz.|
|Beef sirloin, trimmed||4 1/2 lb.|
|Garlic cloves, minced||6 each|
|Pimenton, smoked paprika||4 tsp.|
|Turmeric, ground||1 tsp.|
|Kosher salt||2 tsp.|
|Black pepper, ground||1 tsp.|
|Red wine vinegar||6 fl. oz.|
|Olive oil||8 fl. oz.|
|Cremini mushrooms||36 oz.|
- Step 1
- Thaw the Baby Bakers™ and avocado pulp according to package instructions.
- Step 2
- For the Avocado Chimichurri; combine avocado, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic in a food processor bowl. Blend or pulse ingredients until smooth. Store refrigerated for service.
- Step 3
- Cut the beef into 1-1/2 to 1-3/4-inch cubes and place in a plastic bag.
- Step 4
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the garlic, paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper and vinegar. With the motor running drizzle in the olive oil. Add mixture to the beef and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Step 5
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread each skewer with 3 Baby Bakers™, 2 mushrooms and 2 pieces of beef. For each serving; grill two skewers for 8-12 minutes turning as needed. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes prior to serving. Serve with 2 oz. of chimichurri on the side.