Products used in this recipe
|128 fl oz||Dashi broth, hot|
|2 oz||White miso paste|
|32 oz||Pork belly, portioned evenly|
|20 oz||Simplot Good Grains™: Thai Style Red Quinoa & Vegetable Blend 6/2.5lb|
|20 oz||Simplot RoastWorks®: Flame-Roasted Pepper & Onion Blend 6/2.5lb|
|5 oz||Shitake mushrooms, fresh, stems removed, thinly sliced|
|10 oz||Ramen noodles|
|5 oz||Mung bean sprouts, fresh|
|5 oz||Green onion, julienne, soaked in ice water|
|Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce|
- • Whisk white miso paste into hot dashi broth. Reserve.
- • Soak kombu in hot water to soften. Roll and thinly slice. Reserve.
- • Deep fry large chunks of pork belly in 350°F deep fryer. Cook until fully cooked and dark brown. Reserve.
- • Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place Thai Style Red Quinoa Blend and Roasted Peppers & Onions in pan. Cook until warm.
- • Add in shitake mushrooms. Cook mixture until hot.
- • Soak ramen noodles in a bowl of hot water until soft. Drain. Reserve.
- • In large serving bowls, place ramen noodles. Spoon 4 oz vegetable mixture on top of noodles.
- • Pour hot broth into bowl, covering ingredients ¾ of the way.
- • Place piece of 3 oz crispy pork belly on top of noodles.
- • Garnish with bean sprouts, green onions and watercress.
- • Serve with crushed red pepper flakes, sesame oil and soy sauce at the table to taste.