Products used in this recipe
Yield: 10 Servings
|8 fl oz||Water, cold|
|15 count||Flour tortillas, burrito size|
|40 oz||Simplot RoastWorks®: Flame-Roasted Fuji Apples 6/2.5lb|
|8 oz||Sugar, granulated|
|10 fl oz||Caramel sauce, warmed|
|as needed||Whipped cream, prepared|
- • Make a slurry by whisking the cornstarch into the cold water.
- • Cut tortillas in half. Lay out a tortilla, with the straight side facing you. Brush tortilla with a little cornstarch slurry.
- • Place a single row of Roasted Fuji Apples across the straight end of the tortilla, leaving about 1 inch on either end.
- • Roll away from you leaving ends unfolded. Place on parchment paper lined tray. Repeat until all taquitos are rolled.
- • Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- • Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside in a large bowl.
- • Place 3 frozen taquitos in 350°F fryer. Cook for about 1-1 ½ minutes until golden brown.
- • Drain well. Toss in the bowl containing the cinnamon sugar mix.
- • Stack on serving plate. Serve with a 1 oz cup of caramel sauce and spoon whipped cream on plate. Serve.