Products used in this recipe
Yield: 10 Servings
|32 fl oz||Milk|
|1 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Butter, melted|
|3 count||Eggs, separated|
|16 oz||Simplot RoastWorks®: Roasted Maple Sweet Potatoes 6/2.5lb|
- • In a large saucepan, heat 32 fl oz milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- • Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, salt and remaining milk until smooth. Slowly whisk cornmeal mixture into hot milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- • Remove from the heat. Sprinkle baking powder over the cornmeal mixture, then stir it in with the butter. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in a small amount of hot cornmeal mixture. Return all to the pan and mix well.
- • Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into the cornmeal mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites until blended. Gently fold in sweet potatoes.
- • Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F in a conventional oven for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.